- 2 Tbs olive oil.
- 1 Lb. white baby mushrooms, stems sliced off even with the
- base of the head
- 2 − 3 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped.
- Juice of ½ lemon.
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper.
- 2 Tbs. flat−leaved Italian parsley, finely chopped.
- 2 − 4 Tbs. Extra Virgin olive oil.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saute pan over high heat, then add the
- mushrooms. Saute, shaking the pan vigorously from time to time, for about
- five minutes, until the mushrooms begin to exude some of their natural
- Lower the heat to medium, add the garlic and saute for a couple of more
- minutes being careful that the garlic doesn't burn. Squeeze the lemon juice
- over the mushrooms, taste for seasoning and add salt & pepper to your taste.
- Remove from the heat, pour into a glass or ceramic container and stir in the
- chopped parsley. Add enough additional olive oil to coat the mushrooms
- evenly. Serve at room temperature as part of an antipasto.