- 1 Cup Flour, plus 2 Tbls.
- ⅛ Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Package Yeast, dry fast−rising
- 2 tb, Water, lukewarm
- 3 Tablespoon Sugar, divided
- 2 Eggs
- 8 Teaspoon Margarine
- ½ Teaspoon Orange peel, grated
- ½ Teaspoon Brandy extract
- 3 Ounce Mixed dried fruit, coarsely chopped
- Sift together flour and salt onto sheet of wax paper; set aside. In small
- bowl sprinkle yeast over water; add 1 teaspoon sugar and stir to dissolve.
- Let stand until foamy, about 5 minutes. In mixing bowl, using electric mixer
- at medium speed, beat eggs with remaining sugar until frothy; add margarine
- and beat until well combined. Continue to beat while adding orange peel and
- brandy extract. Add yeast mixture, then gradually beat in sifted flour; beat
- at high speed for 5 minutes. Add dried fruit, beating until thoroughly
- combined. Cover bowl with clean damp towel or plastic wrap and let stand in
- warm draft−free area until dough is doubled in volume, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400. Spray 3−cup fluted mold with nonstick cooking spray.
- Punch dough down, then turn into prepared mold; bake in middle of center
- oven rack for 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 325 and bake until top
- is browned and cake begins to pull away from mold, about 30 minutes longer
- (cover with foil if Panettone is browning too quickly). Unmold onto wire
- rack and let cool.