- Tamcon 1 tbsp.
- Mustard Seeds 1 tbsp.
- Vegetables as needed
- Turmeric pinch
- Salt to taste
- Toor Daal 1 cup
- Curry Leaves 2-3
- Ghee 2 tsp.
-  Boil toor daal and mash.
-  Boil tamcon in water until dissolved.
-  Take the vegetables, slightly fry them, and add them to this
- tamarind water. Add a little salt and turmeric and boil.
-  When vegetables are soft, add the toor daal paste and wait
- until the mixture boils again. Lower flame.
-  Add curry leaves, the masala mixture, salt and boil for a few
- minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Optional: Garnish with roasted mustard seeds.
- Note If the toor daal gets burnt, rectify by adding a small ball
- of cooked rice (it will remove the odor). It will also absorb ex-
- cess salt, so compensate for this when eating.