- Make the curry in the same way as above (step 1-3, 5, 6, 8
- are same) but instead of coriander/green chilly paste, put
- the "Kaaram" made as follows:
- In a small pan, roast (with very little oil), 3-4 tb spoons
- of split chana daal (bengal grams), 2-3 tb. spoons of urad
- daal (black grams), 2 tb. sp. of whole Dhaniya
- (coriander) seeds, 1 tea spoon mustard seeds, 2-3 small
- dry red chillies, and (optionally) 0.5 tb. spoon of white
- sesame seeds.
- Dry grind the roasted mixture into powder (it is actually
- better to stop grinding when you have small pieces of
- chana daal).
- Add this powder to the brinjal in step 7. above.
- [NOTE: YOU CAN SUBSTITUTE DONDA KAAYA
- (TINDOLLA) OR BEERA KAAYA (??) FOR BRINJAL
- IN THE SECOND CURRY.]