- Ricotta Cheese 2 lb.
- Half and Half 2 qts.
- Sugar 2 cups
- Cardamon pods 5
- Bay leaf 1
- Vanilla 1 tsp.
- Rose Water To taste (opt.)
-  Mix 1.5 cups of sugar with the Ricotta cheese and bake it
- in a 400o F oven for about 1hr and 15 minutes in a flat dish
- covered with aluminum foil. The cheese should have hard-
- ened and turned a pale brown.
-  Thicken the Half and Half by simmering over low heat for a
- long time. This is best done in a microwave; if a microwave
- is not available, do it over low heat and stir frequently.
- Thicken until the volume drops to around half of the origi-
- nal volume.
-  Add the remaining 0.5 cup sugar, cardamon pods, bay leaf,
- vanilla and rose water (and any other flavouring that you
- may want) to the Half and Half. Heat for a few minutes.
-  After the cheese has been baked, cut it into 1 inch squares
- and add to the hot thickened half and half. Cool for a few
- hours in the fridge.